Key Mapper is an app that allows you to remap your keyboard’s keys to different functions. This can be useful for people who want to customize their keyboard to better suit their needs. For example, you could use Key Mapper to map the caps lock key to a function that you use often, such as the “undo” function.
We will help you download the Key Mapper for PC and install it fast. But you must know the technical specifications of it before that. Here are they:
Download & Install Key Mapper on PC: Windows 11/10/8/7
You want to download and install Key Mapper on your computer, but how do you do that? Well, BlueStacks android emulator can help you install and use it just like you do on your Android phone. Here are the steps you’ll have to go through:
- Download the BlueStacks emulator now; you’ll find it in your download folder where you can install it from.
- Double click on the file and it will ask for your administrative permission. Agree to that and be sure to uncheck unwanted apps that it comes with.
- Now, finish up the installation by opening the BlueStacks emulator. You’ll see Google Play Store is here.
- Log into your account with your Gmail email pass then search for Key Mapper on the search bar on top.
- Now you will see the installation options from the search results. It won’t take long to install the app from start to finish.
- After that, you can just use the Key Mapper as you do on your android phone or tablet, but with a bigger screen.
|App Name:||Key Mapper On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Jul 25, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Key Mapper Andorid App Summary
sds100 is the developer of the Key Mapper, and they have the app under the Tools of Google Play Store. The latest version of the Key Mapper from them is 2.4.4 with over 2281860 users under the hood. With a 3.9 rating, the Key Mapper is clearly a popular choice for users for the job it does.
Latest update date of the Key Mapper is Jul 25, 2022, so you’ll find the latest features. However, you can’t just use the app directly on a computer, you need to use an Emulator to do so. Our recommendations for emulators are BlueStacks, Nox Player, and Memu Emulator.
Do you need a guide to download and install the Key Mapper on your computer using an emulator? This article is all about helping you do just that! Stick to the guide below.
Key Mapper App Overview and Details
What can be remapped?
* Fingerprint gestures on supported devices.
* Volume buttons.
* Navigation buttons.
* Bluetooth/wired keyboards.
* Buttons on other connected devices should also work.
ONLY HARDWARE buttons can be remapped.
There is NO GUARANTEE any of these buttons will work and this app is NOT designed to control games. Your device’s OEM/vendor can prevent them from being remapped.
You can combine multiple keys from a specific device or any device to form a “trigger”. Each trigger can have multiple actions. The keys can be set to be pressed at the same time or one after another in a sequence. Keys can be remapped when they are short pressed, long pressed or double pressed. A keymap can have a set of “constraints” so it only has an effect in certain situations.
What can’t be remapped?
* Power button
* Bixby button
* Mouse buttons
* Dpad, thumb sticks or triggers on game controllers
Your key maps don’t work if the screen is OFF. This is a limitation in Android. There is nothing the dev can do.
What can I remap my keys to do?
Some actions will only work on rooted devices and specific Android versions.
There are too many features to list here so check out the full list here: https://docs.keymapper.club/user-guide/actions
You don’t have to grant all the permissions for the app to work. The app will tell you if a permission needs to be granted for a feature to work.
* Accessibility Service: Basic requirement for remapping to work. It is needed so the app can listen to and block keyevents.
* Device Admin: To turn the screen off when using the action to turn off the screen.
* Modify System Settings: To change the brightness and rotation settings.
* Camera: To control the flashlight.
On some devices, enabling the accessibility service will disable “enhanced data encryption”.
Features of Key Mapper for PC
1. Fingerprint gestures on supported devices.
2. Volume buttons.
3. Navigation buttons.
4. Bluetooth/wired keyboards.
5. Buttons on other connected devices.
6. Ability to combine multiple keys into a “trigger”.
7. Multiple actions that can be assigned to a single key.
8. Keys can be remapped when they are short pressed, long pressed, or double pressed.
9. A keymap can have a set of “constraints” so it only has an effect in certain situations.
10. Ability to disable “enhanced data encryption” on some devices.
Whats New In this Key Mapper?
Bug fixes and make a couple things in the app less confusing.
See the changelog at http://changelog.keymapper.club for more details.
Overall, the Key Mapper application is a helpful tool for those with disabilities who have difficulty using a traditional keyboard. It allows users to create custom keyboard layouts that work best for them, making it easier to communicate and interact with others. The application is easy to use and has a variety of features that make it a valuable tool for those who need it.
That’s it! We hope that the guide above has been a help for you to install it on your computer. Need to know more about the emulator or the Key Mapper? Let us know!
We refer the ownership of This Key Mapper to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Key Mapper and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at thewikiapps, we also don’t use our own server to download the Key Mapper. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Key Mapper.
If you have any query about the app or about thewikiapps, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.
PRV.mk is a project management tool that helps you manage your projects and tasks. It makes it easy to track your progress and stay on top of your work. With PRV.mk, you can easily create and manage...
s Hello, my name is ________ and I am the owner of ________. We offer a wide variety of ________, ________, and ________. We also offer a ________ for first-time customers. Our ________ are some of...