An IP widget is a small application that resides on your desktop and provides you with information about your current IP address. This information can be useful for a variety of reasons, such as troubleshooting a network issue or verifying that your computer is communicating properly with the internet.
The latest IP Widget for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
IP Widget Andorid App Summary
Dieter Thiess has developed the IP Widget for Android. You can find it under the Tools category on Play Store. Since its inception, IP Widget has got over 378947+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.6 rating and the latest version of it is null
The latest update of IP Widget is Jul 6, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
IP Widget App Overview and Details
Want to translate IP Widget into your language? Contact me:firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple IP Widget showing the mobile carrier name and ip or the wireless lan SSID and wireless lan ip address.
– No Ads
– Select which information to display
– Configure background, text size, text color and text opacity
– Battery saving: No polling of ip information. The widget gets informed via the system when something changes.
– Show local ip address of device (mobile, wifi, bluetooth, USB, ethernet)
– Show external ip address (optional)
– Show reverse hostname (optional)
– Show wifi speed
– Show wifi channel and frequency
– Show type of mobile connecton (GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, 4G…)
– Display informations about connection in notification area(optional)
– Action configurable when tapping the widgets/notification (open wifi settings, toggle wifi [on/off], open IP Widget settings, refresh widget content manualy)
– Supports connections via Bluetooth tethering, USB tethering (eg. HTC Sync)
– Logging events to ipwidget.log on your SD card, optionally, with customizable output
– Lockscreen Widget support for Android 4.2+
– Offline notification (beta)
– Wifi tethering on/off (beta)
– Enable/disable flight mode (not available on Android 4.2+)
– Set alias for BSSID
– Saves external ip address for each BSSID alias (as Dynamic DNS replacement)
– Show Geo-IP city & country
– IPv6 support
– Available languages:
— spanish (by Fernando)
— italian (by Stefano Meroni)
— russian (by Igor Tropin, Oleg Barbos)
— turkish (by Canan Özen)
— polish (by Romuald Jackowski, Adam Starszak)
— svenska (by Göran Helsingborg)
— traditional chinese, simplified chinese (by Denny Su)
— persian (by Mohsen Mirhoseini)
— french (by Ozzii, toorzilla_)
— serbian (by Ozzii)
— portugese (by Bruno Xavier Lopo de Souza)
— bulgarian (by Stefan Stefanov)
— croatian (by Marijan Smetko)
— dutch (by Vincent Riebroek)
— indonesian (by SOLEH MARGIONO)
— romanian (by Florin German)
— bangla (by Md Monsur Alam https://fb.com/MdMonsurAlamid)
— hungarian (by Egyed Ferenc)
Write me an e-mail: email@example.com
IP Geolocation by DB-IP
– Why are Channel & frequency not shown?
Since Android 6, the location permission is needed to scan for wifi networks around. This is the only way to get the current channel and the frequency. (also see the discussion in the Google Issue Tracker: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=185370)
Your location will not been detected nor transfered at any time.
List of Permissions
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
– Required to get external ip address. If this feature is disabled, no data connection will be established
READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY
– Detect the type of mobile connection (GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA…)
CHANGE WI-FI STATUS
– Wifi toggle
VIEW WI-FI STATUS
– get SSID
VIEW NETWORK STATUS
– get local ip address
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS OR MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
– for writing ipwidget.log on the SD Card (if activated)
– Notifications vibration
RUN AT STARTUP
– Show notifications after boot when notifications without widget is activated
Features of IP Widget for PC
(by Andika Triwidada)
Install “IP Widget” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the IP Widget on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the IP Widget app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install IP Widget.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||IP Widget On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Dieter Thiess|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Jul 6, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this IP Widget?
– Android 13
– Show DHCP lease time in widget
– Display if WiFi is enabled
– Targeting Android 11
– 5G Support
– Option to use custom URL
– On Devices with Android 8 or later, a notification will be shown as IP Widget needs to run as foreground service to work correctly. You can hide the icon in the settings.
– Targeting API Level 27 (Android 8.1)
– Since Android Oreo, location permission is also needed to show the SSID
The IP widget application is a great way to keep track of your IP address and keep your information private. It is easy to use and helps to keep your information safe. The application is a great way to keep your information private and safe.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the IP Widget for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This IP Widget to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for IP Widget and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at thewikiapps, we also don’t use our own server to download the IP Widget. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the IP Widget.
If you have any query about the app or about thewikiapps, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.
Stream.MK is a live TV streaming service for Macedonia. It offers a wide range of channels, including news, sports, and entertainment. The service is easy to use and provides great quality streaming....
Are you looking for an app that can help improve your gaming experience and keep your device safe? Look no further than Ash VPN. Our app is designed to help users boost their gaming performance,...